Steak and Kidney
One of hubby's all time favourite dishes!
- 5.5L Slow Cooker
- 800-1000 grams gravy beef, diced
- 300-400 grams beef kidney, diced
- 200 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 heaped tbsp gravy mix/powder
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup shiraz wine (see notes)
- 1/2 cup beef stock liquid
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- Add sliced onion to slow cooker
- Toss beef in gravy powder then add this meat to slow cooker, along with mushrooms
- Add kidney on top
- Mix sauce, tomato paste, wine, stock, garlic and herbs and pour over
- Cook on low for 5 hours (see note).
- Discard bay leaves and serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables. Also goes great in a pie!
- NOTES: If you don’t want to use wine. Just add extra beef stock in its place. I cooked it in my Sunbeam Secret Chef 5.5L. for 5 hours (as it runs on the hot side) so it may need longer in a smaller or slower cookerIt makes 5 generous serves. Freezers well.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think