All the great taste of your favourite spaghetti bolognaise … but with the goodness of stacks of hidden vegetables!
Submitted by Cheyenne McManus
Spag Bol - Hidden Veg
All the great taste of your favourite spaghetti bolognaise ... but with the goodness of stacks of hidden vegetables!
- 1 large pack of prime beef mince
- 1 large onion thinly sliced or diced
- A few rings of leek (not a must, needed to use it up!)
- Quarter (or more) of pumpkin diced up small
- Cauliflower (as much as you want!)
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes - basil & oregnano flavoured
- 1Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce or 1Tbsp tomato paste
- 1Tbsp crushed garlic
- Light sprinkle of beef stock powder
- Pinch of Inspiration Meat Rub - Nomad flavour (not a must!)
- 1 packet of Maggi Spag Bol mix
- 1/4 cup of water (it doesn’t seem like much but the mince creates liquid itself)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Can also add in grated carrots or anything else you wish, as grated anything is great in hidden veg dishes!
- Sour cream
- Spaghetti pasta
- Pop everything in the slow cooker except the sour cream, cheese and pasta, and turn on LOW (6-7 hours) or HIGH (4 hours)
- Once done, use a plastic potato masher (to avoid any damage to the bowl) to get rid of any mince lumps/pumpkin/cauliflower/tomatoes etc in your bolognaise. Turn off your slow cooker and stir through a decent sized spoon of sour cream.
- Cook your pasta in a pot of boiling water on the stove. Strain it then serve onto plates. Add your Spag Bol with hidden veg on top. Finish off with another dollop of sour cream and some grated cheese!
- My kiddo’s absolutely love this and don’t suspect a thing with the veges in it. It also freezes great!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!