Submitted by Kat T
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Prawns.
This was a really tasty dish and a lot of other vegetables could be added depending on your taste.
- Snow Peas (or Sugar Snap Peas)
- 1 -2 Capsicum.
- 1 can pineapple chunks (or rings - which you can cut)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or ginger paste)
- 40 frozen (thawed) cooked prawn/shrimp (medium or large)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1 cup of rice (hot and cooked, for serving)
- Drain the can of pineapple in a sieve over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Place the peas, capsicum and drained pineapple in the slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and sugar; stir to blend. Add the chicken stock, the 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Cook the sauce for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. The sauce should be thickened and clear.
- Pour the sauce over the peas, capsicum and pineapple; stir gently to blend the ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add the thawed cooked shrimp and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until hot. Add the vinegar and stir gently.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!