Submitted by Paulene Christie
Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Stuffed Potatoes
- 5 large potatoes, skin on
- 1 cups mixed frozen broccoli and cauliflower, thawed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 sachet instant cheese sauce mix
- 1/2 cup grated extra sharp Parmesan cheese
- Place the whole potatoes in the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hrs or until tender when tested with a fork
- Meanwhile, soak the broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl of boiling water for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in half length ways. Scoop out the centre with a teaspoon, leaving at least 5mm of potato flesh all round so the potatoes hold their shape. (Use the potato you remove for something else)
- Fill the potato halves with broccoli and cauliflower. Line the slow cooker with baking paper and add the filled potatoes.
- Make the cheese sauce according to the directions on the packet. Spoon the sauce over the potatoes. Top with Parmesan.
- Cover, putting a tea towel under the lid, and cook on HIGH for 1 and 1/4 hrs, or until the vegetables are heated through and the cheese is melted
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!