Submitted by Toni
Slow Cooker Chicken Saag Masala (Using Pataks Jar Sauce)
- 1 x Bottle Patak's Saag Masala sauce
- 3 x chicken breast
- 1 x heaped teaspoon fresh garlic
- Half bag fresh spinach (break stalks off if preferred)
- Half a pepper (capsicum )(finely diced, I used red)
- Half a large onion (finely diced)
- Fresh corriander
- Butter for searing chicken, onions, butter.
- Optional: Coconut milk or Creme friesh if it is too hot, generally it comes out mild.
- Serve with Basmati Rice
- 1.Chop chicken, finely slice onions and pepper & pop to one side.
- 2.Prepare garlic, chop corriander & pop to one side.
- 3.Pop the slow cooker on low and add the patak's sauce
- 4.Heat the butter over medium heat on the cooker and add the chicken, onions and pepper and sear for 2 minutes, then add all this to the slow cooker.
- 5.Add the spinach, garlic and corriander in the slow cooker, Stir all the ingrediants and cook for 3 hours on low, with lid on.
- 6.Serve with Basmati Rice or any type of rice
- Add a tablespoon of coconut milk or creme friesh if it is too hot for kiddies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!