Submitted by Candice Burgess
- 1 2/3 cups Plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tbs of Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- For the icing :
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbs of Cream
- 2 tbs water
- 4 cups Icing sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella or more to taste
- I preheated Slow Cooker for about 15 mins
- Tea Towel under lid.
- My slow cooker seems to cook quick, so keep an eye on them, I lifted lid to just peek and check how they were rising a few times, Careful not to let too much steam out though.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, Nutella, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
- Bake 50 mins to an hours pending on your slow cooker with a tea towel under the lid, The cupcakes are light brown in colour.
- While cupcakes cool, make icing.
- Mix butter together for 1 minute on medium,
- Add 2 cups of Icing sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add Nutella and 1 tbsp water and 1tbs cream, mix until smooth.
- Add icing sugar and 1 tbsp water and mix until smooth.
- Ice cupcakes.
- Please note, The butter may make the cupcake batter slightly lumpy, You can leave for a few mins and then mix again for another 30 seconds.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think