Submitted by Larell Adney Strickland
Sloppy Tamale Pie (Weight Watcher Friendly)
- 1 pound cooked 95% lean hamburger (mince) (can use uncooked also)
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup zucchini (courgette)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 2 oz. olives, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 30 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- Cook hamburger with carrot, zucchini, onion and bell pepper. (This could have all been done raw but I chose to follow the original instructions.) Add to slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over mixture then add corn and olives. Pour tomato sauce evenly on top.
- Serve over cornbread.
- Weight Watcher Points Plus (Pro Points) equals 3 PP per 1/2 cup tamale pie. Cornbread, for my boxed mix, was 4PP per muffin.
- (Excellent freezer meal also)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think