Submitted by Sandra Schaefer
Scrumptious Pork Chops (With you-beaut crackle)
- Sandy's Scrumptious Pork Chops
- 6 pork loin chops (Rinds removed for crackle)
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1 packet of Salt Reduced French Onion Soup
- 1 generous handful of brown sugar
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- Oil and salt for crackle
- Place chops on top of onion in base of slow cooker
- Mix sauces and packet of french onion soup together and pour over chops
- Stir so chops are coated in sauce mixture
- Sprinkle brown sugar over everything
- Cook on high for 4 hours, then reduce to low for 2 hours
- Pork Crackle
- In last half hour of cooking, turn on conventional oven to high
- Prepare pork rinds by soaking in boiling hot water, this seems to remove excess oil from the rinds and maximises crackle texture.
- Dry rinds off with paper towels.
- On baking tray, place rinds on a baking paper covered tray, drizzle with oil and salt and place in hot oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Watch closely so these don't burn. My oven has a grilling feature in the oven too which I like to use, but you could also place these under a grill only if you prefer.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
3 thoughts on “Scrumptious Pork Chops (With you-beaut crackle)”
I really Like this recipe I have made it up for pork ribs as well its so morish…
Absolutely amazing!!! Don’t do pork chops that much..but this recipe has turned me around. Will definitely keep this one in the favourites list.
Tried this recipe with only three (3) pork lion chops.
Finished product was very dry pork chops, could not eat all three, very disappointed.
Followed the recipe, although the cracking was excellent.
Love pork chops but just didn’t do it for us.