Saucy Steak and Pumpkin
Rich, tender, flavoured beef steaks with steamed pumpkin pieces!
- 5L Slow Cooker
- Large ziplock or plastic bag
- 800 grams (4-6) Oyster blade steaks or similar casserole style steaks
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp beef stock powder
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 400 gram can chopped tomatoes
- 50 grams (or 2tbsp) concentrated tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fruit chutney (I always use Rosella brand)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 300 ml cooking cream (see note)
- 1 large piece of pumpkin each per serve
- Combine the steaks, flour, stock powder, curry powder and pepper in the large plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Place onion rings in slow cooker and lay the floured steaks on top.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, chutney, garlic, sauce and cream to a jug and mix well. Pour over steaks
- Arrange the large pumpkin pieces on top
- Cook on low for 6hrs with TEA TOWEL TRICK in place
- Serve steak and pumpkin to each serving plate. Pour the sauce generously over the steaks.We like to serve this with assorted steamed greens like broccoli, peas, beans etc
- NOTE: ~ Cooking cream is a type of cream that doesn't split during cooking. More info on that HERE. ~ The small amount of curry powder gives depth of flavour but has no overall curry taste or heat etc at all!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think