A full flavoured and tasty slow cooked risotto with chicken, bacon and mushroom – and a few extra surprises too!
- 5L Searing Slow Cooker
- OR a slow cooker and a frypan for searing
- 500 grams chicken thigh fillet (sliced into strips)
- 8 rashers short cut bacon (sliced into strips)
- 3 small French shallot onions (eschalots) sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 gram Swiss mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup green spring onions/shallots, sliced
- 400 gram can creamed corn
- 2 cups arborio/risotto rice
- 1 litre liquid chicken stock `
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated, extra sharp parmesan cheese + extra to garnish
- Using your searing slow cooker on searing setting (or frypan on stove top) melt butter and sear the bacon, chicken, and eschalot onions until the chicken is sealed and onion is softened (approx. 5-10mins at high heat)
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for just a few more minutes to soften mushrooms.
- Turn slow cooker back to slow cooker setting (HIGH) or if using pan add all these seared ingredients to the slow cooker now.
- Add capsicums, spring onion/shallots, corn, rice and stock to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 2hrs (check that rice is tender and excess liquid absorbed)
- Stir through parmesan cheese and serve immediately, with extra cheese to garnish.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think