Submitted by Deborah Baldwin
- 1 rabbit (frozen & cut into portions)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 ml's dry cider
- 250ml's water
- 2 tsp's corn flour
- 140g tomato paste/ concentrate
- 1 tin of haricot blancs (white beans)
- Salt & pepper
- Cayenne/ Paprika
- Garlic powder
- * Put sliced onions, carrots & bay leaves into the cooker & then place the frozen portions on top & season with a little salt & pepper.
- * Place the lid on & switch onto low. Leave for 5 hours.
- * Remove lid, take out the rabbit portions then add the cider, tomato paste, the corn flour & water (mixed together), a good sprinkling of garlic power & cayenne/ paprika. Stir together & place the rabbit back in the slow cooker & put lid on & leave for 30 mins- 1 hr depending on heat of the cooker.
- * Once thickened, add the haricot blancs & leave again for approx. 30 mins to 1 hr.
- * Once everything is hot, serve with green vegetables, mash/ baked potatoes & crusty bread.
- * Enjoy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!