Submitted by kerry follent
Pumpkin, feta and spinach quiche with potato crust
- 2-3 potatoes, sliced thinly
- 7 eggs ( I used 2 duck and 3 hen eggs)
- sprinkle of garlic powder, nutmeg, thyme and salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese
- 100 gr feta
- 150 ml cream
- 1 onion , cut into small wedges
- handful of spinach, chopped
- 750 gr pumpkin, chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tomatoe
- Fry pumpkin and onion until coloured and soft.
- Lay potatoes on base and sides of sc.
- Place pumpkin mix on top, add feta, spinach and cheddar cheese.
- Mix eggs, salt and pepper, garlic and cream together and pour on top of pumpkin.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, pepper and thyme.
- Place tea towel under lid and cook on high 21/2 - 3 hrs.
- After removing let cool a bit before transferring to a plate or slicing, so it will firm up a bit. (the duck eggs make it firmer)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
6 thoughts on “Pumpkin, feta & spinach quiche with potato crust”
What size slow cooker did you use 🙂
I believe this was done in a 6L
Would thus work without the cream please, can you substitute 🤔
The whole family really enjoyed this. I also added bacon. Yummy
Do you need to line the SC with baking paper before place the sliced potatoes down?
Hi Bri, I can see from the photo that it is on baking paper so yes I would do so 🙂