Submitted by Laura Galdes
Pumpkin & Chorizo Soup
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1tsp butter
- 2 large onions, peeled & chopped
- 3 chorizo sausages, peeled & chopped
- 200g triple smoked ham, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 extra large butternut pumpkin, peeled & chopped
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp curry powder
- 1/4tsp cumin
- 5cups (1250ml) chicken stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a large fry pan. Fry onion, chorizo and ham until everything is golden.
- Drain off excess oil and place mixture into slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients into slow cooker, mix well and cook on high for 4hrs.
- Process soup in batches in a blender or use a hand blender while still in slow cooker.
- Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt and some crusty bread, or for a more filling meal, with some tortellini!!
- Adjust amount of spice to your liking.
- You could just through all the ingredients into the slow cooker without cooking the onion, chorizo and ham first. I find it adds more depth of flavour if you do.
- These quantities filled my 6L slow cooker right to the top!!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin & Chorizo Soup”
Love this soup 💗
Loved this soup. Expected a variation of pumpkin soup but the taste is so different. Definitely worth trying!