Submitted by Laraine Palmer
Dad’s Old Fashioned, Army Style Corned Beef
- 1 piece of corned meat/silverside
- 1 cup of red or white wine. (Malt, Apple cider or white wine vinegar can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup honey (Brown sugar can be substituted)
- 2 tbsp seeded mustard (or non-seeded Wasabi Mustard for a bite)
- 1 orange halved
- 1 apple halved
- 1 medium onion halved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 -4 whole cloves
- Rinse meat thoroughly to wash off residual Corning solution.
- Halve Orange, Apple and onion.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!