Submitted by Chantelle Snow
Chinese Chow Mein
- - 1.5 kilos chicken thigh, sliced thin
- - 3 tbsp of corn starch
- - 1 stalk bok choy, cleaned and cut
- - Singapore noodles Or rice to serve
- Sauce ingredients
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- - 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
- - 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- - 2 cup low salt chicken stock
- - 2 tsp of sugar
- - 3 tsp of shao hsing cooking wine
- - 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 1. Add chicken and sauce ingredients into the slow cooker.
- 2. Mix cornflour with equal parts water and stir to remove lumps. Add to the chicken and sauce and stir.
- 3. Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- 4. Add bok choy in the last 15-30 minutes and cook until just tender.
- 5. Serve over noodles or rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
6 thoughts on “Chinese Chow Mein”
I really like this dish. I added some Mushrooms and had to thicken it a bit with some breadcrumbs but it was really lovely
Mmm cant wait for dinner. Im using Campbells Real Soup Base
, Asisan flavour (instead of plain chicken stock). Yum yum (also Ive cooked thighs whole, not cut up)
This is awesome
So yummy! I added udon noodles at the end and it tasted perfect.
Where would I buy the wine for this?
Hi Hayley, you can get the Chinese cooking wine in Woolworths etc