Submitted by Bianca Pavia
Pea, Ham and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 large onion - Diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups medium-diced carrots (3 to 4 carrots)
- 2-3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks or diced
- 1 and a half packet of dried split green peas
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2-4 cups of water
- 1 large Sweet potato
- 6-8 strip's of bacon diced (approx 1-1.5 cups)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 spn Olive oil
- Brown bacon in a pan then place in slow cooker.
- Add olive oil, potatoes, carrots, onion, spring onion, garlic, potatoes (both normal and sweet), spices and split peas to the slow cooker.
- Top with liquid vegetable stock and then add 2-4 cups of water depending on the size of your slow cooker. (I needed 2.5 cups).
- Add one tablespoon of tomato paste and stir through.
- Cook on high for 3 hours until soup starts to thicken up, then place slow cooker on low for another 1-2 depending desired consistency. Stir frequently to mix the peas.
- Lots of flavour, lovely served with Garlic bread and Parmesan Cheese.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think