Submitted by Candice Burgess
Bubble Gum Cupcakes With Sprinkles
- 1 2/3 cups Plain flour (240 gms)
- 1 cup sugar (200gms)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature (170 gms)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tbs of Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 Cup of sprinkles
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 4 tbs Milk
- 5 cups Icing sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A few drops of Blue food dye and a few drops of Bubblegum Essence
- I preheated Slow Cooker for about 15 mins
- Tea Towel under lid - Tea Towel Trick
- My slow cooker seems to cook quick, so keep an eye on them, I lifted lid to just peek and check how they were rising a few times, Careful not to let too much steam out though.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way. ( I used silicone )
- Slow cook on HIGH for 50 mins to an hours pending on your slow cooker with a tea towel under the lid, The cupcakes are light brown in colour around the edges.
- While cupcakes cool, make icing.
- Mix butter together for 3 minutes on medium,
- Slowly add Icing sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add milk, vanilla and food dye and mix well.
- Ice cupcakes.
- The butter may make the cupcake batter slightly lumpy, You can leave for a few mins and then mix again for another 30 seconds.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think