Submitted by Suscha Benson
Pad Thai Noodles
- Egg Noodles - 800grm - OR Rice Noodles - personal preference
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Mild Chili Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 4 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs - beaten in a cup
- 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic (2 heaped tablespoons minced jar garlic)
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 1 Cup Chicken stock
- 1 bunch chopped spring onions
- 400-500g Diced Chicken pieces - Thigh preferred
- 300g Bean Sprouts
- Handful of chopped Coriander
- 1/2 - 1 Cup of chopped nuts
- Combine the Brown Sugar, Chili Sauce, Fish sauce, Tomato Sauce and Soy Sauce in the Slow cooker bowl on high - stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the Garlic and Ginger - add the chicken pieces and stir to coat.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the top and leave it to set for about 25-35 minutes.
- Once egg starts setting - stir egg through.
- At the 1 hour mark pour 1 cup of Chicken stock to bowl and stir through ingredients.
- Lay egg Noodles on top then add chopped spring onions.
- At 1 hour and 20 minutes stir egg noodles through chicken mixture - most will break up easily, add bean sprouts to top.
- At 1.30 hours stir the egg noodles and bean sprouts through chicken mixture.
- Serve topped with fresh Coriander and chopped nuts.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think