Oyster Blade Deluxe with Port Sauce
A tender steak cooked in port and fruit flavours.An old fashioned favourite with a surprise taste!
- 3.5L slow cooker
- Alfoil and baking paper
- 4 Blade steaks (amount can vary see notes below)
- Small jar apricot jam
- 40 gram pkt french onion soup
- 250 ml port
- Line the slow cooker with aluminium foil (with extra to fold over and seal top). Line this with baking paper so that the meat sits on the baking paper not the foil, then the foil seals the entire pacakge.
- Place steaks on baking paper and cover with apricot jam
- Sprinkle over the dry french onion soup mix
- Pour over the port
- Fold over the top of foil to cover
- Cover and cook on low for 8hrs
- NOTES:1. It is a very easily adjusted recipe as any amount of steaks can be used. We are 2 here so I only use 2 or 3 steaks, but for a family you can adjust number of steaks as it makes quite a lot of sauce, so the surplus I use over another meal.2. Another alternative to the foil/baking paper could be to use oven bag3. I am not a drinker and don't like port but you can't taste it in the final dish so don't let that put you off trying this!My husband has loved it from the first time he tasted it, and as I am an adventurous cook he is still my best critic. An old fashioned favourite….. a surprise taste….. good enough to serve guests…… it is all these and more. Try it and give me your opinion 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think