Submitted by bec francis
ox tail stew
- 1 kg Oxtail, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 8 slices Bacon, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, sliced
- 6 ozs (170gr) Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbls Parsley
- 1 tbls Tomato Paste
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbls Butter
- 1 tbls Flour (optional)
- 2 tbls Fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a pan over medium-high heat, brown the bacon & oxtail in the olive oil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, wine, stock, bay leaf, thyme, parsley, tomato paste, salt & pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the butter and flour to thicken. Garnish with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!