To make family BBQ’s a little easier
Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Onions for BBQ
To make family BBQ's a little easier
- 1 kg onions
- 1/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar (optional see notes)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Peel and thinly slice onions
- Separate rings as much as possible
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and give a mix
- Cook on high 5 hours giving a mix every hour
- The brown sugar is added to give the sweetness that you would normally get from frying, can use less or leave out completly.
- I used a mandoline slicer to get slices even.
- Cooked in 3L Aldi brand slow cooker which filled to top.
- - Caramelised Onions -
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!