Slow cooked Brie with cranberry sauce and flaked almonds….. Definite addition to the Christmas menu!
Submitted by Christy Roth
Slow cooked Brie with cranberry sauce and flaked almonds..... Definite addition to the Christmas menu!
- 1 wheel of brie
- 2 heaped tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Line slow cooker with baking paper and place brie in the centre. Spread cranberry sauce liberally over the top of the brie then sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Cook on low for one hour with tea towel under the lid.
- Being careful not to break the brie, gently remove baking paper and brie and place brie onto a serving plate.
- Serve with chunks of warmed bread or crackers or anything else you choose!
- Camembert or washed rind in place of brie works equally as well.
- ½ cup honey and ½ cup coarsely chopped pistachios or macadamias
- 1 clove minced garlic mixed with 30ml olive oil and 3 sprigs chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons quince paste and ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup apricot jam and ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!