Submitted by Simon Christie
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets (sliced in strips)
- 1 brown onion (sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 cup spring onions (sliced)
- 150 grams diced bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 200 grams raw thin spaghetti
- 250 ml cooking cream
- 50 grams butter
- 250 grams broccoli florets
- Using your searing insert or a separate pan, brown chicken with brown onion and garlic.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add bacon, spring onions, tomato, pepper and paprika and combine.
- Place lid on and cook for 2 hours on LOW.
- Add raw pasta, cream and butter.
- Replace lid and cook for a further hour on LOW. *This will need a stir after pasta begins to soften to separate the pasta throughout the dish. I did one at ten minutes and again in another ten minutes.
- Add broccoli and combine. Replace lid and cook for a further hour on LOW.
- Serve as is or add a selection of fresh side vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
5 thoughts on “One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta”
Made this today : on a scale of 1 to 10, we rate it at 10+++++++++++ A superb meal, thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful. Thanks for creating and sharing this recipe 🙂
I really enjoyed this recipe and found it very convenient to make since i have no kitchen at the moment. I did need a lot more cream i added 300ml initially and the found i had to add another 300mls as it was too dry. I swapped the tomatos for sundried tomatos and added some chilli flakes and mixed herbs and added a lot more paprika (as its my favourite) was going to add the broccoli but decided not to as there wasnt enough sauce. Very yummy ++. Cant wait to eat my leftovers tomorrow.
Made this today for the first time. Was nervous about using raw pasta as there was not a lot of liquid at the point of adding.
I did end up adding 1/2 cup chicken stock.
Sneaky taste tests – OMG Divine!
Will be making again for sure
Simple and filling. Used chicken breast . Good being able to add all ingredients in one cooking pot and slow cooking.