Submitted by Eleni Edwards
Mum's Lamb Shanks
- 6 Lamb shanks
- 2 large onions
- 2 heaped teaspoons garlic
- 3 heaped teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups stock
- Few dashes Worcestershire to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Brown lamb shanks in slow cooker/pan then remove. Coat lamb in flour, salt and pepper.
- 2. Brown onions and garlic in slow cooker/pan. Mix through tomato paste for a few minutes.
- 3. Add wine and stock and bring to a boil.
- 4. Add the lamb shanks and cook on high until meat falls apart from the bone.
- 5. Add Worcestershire to pot and stir through.
- At this stage if your sauce is still runny, add a bit of cornflour to thicken.
- (Cooking: I would assume 6-8 hours. I have a slow cooker/pressure cooker so it cooked in just over an hour).
- Served with Slow Cooked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes (from this site) and Steamed Broccoli.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think