delicious…and full of flavors..
Submitted by Johanna Buijsen
Moroccan Lamb dish
delicious...and full of flavors..
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 onions cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmiric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 dried abricots
- handfull of roasted almonds
- 12 dried prunes
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 kg lambs meat...
- In a saucepan place the olive oil and the butter...fry the meat on both sides....mix the herbs with a half cup op boiling water... add these to the meat ....and also add the onions which you cut up in slices....mix this thoroughly together
- Place this all in your slow cooker...with the apricots and sultanas cut in little pieces
- Add 1/2 cup of lamb broth
- Leave to cook at least 5 to 6 hours on low...depending on the quality of the meat...
- Meantime place your prunes on the stove with a little water add some sugar and cinnamon and cook on low until they have reached the volume of fresh prunes.
- Roast the almonds by placing the almonds in boiling water ...remove the skin...dry them with kitchen paper...and roast them in a little oil until they have a golden colour
- Serve the meat from the slow cooker onto a plate....with the roasted almonds...and the prunes and the cooked sliced eggs.
- Just dip with your fingers with fresh warm bread in the dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!