Submitted by Paulene Christie
Monster Meat Feet!
- 1 kg chicken mince
- 1/4 cup fine grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 brown onion grated
- Salt & Pepper
- I red onion
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce to baste
- Jar tomato salsa
- Combine first 6 ingredients in bowl and mix well to form meatloaf
- Lay out a sheet of baking on bench. Be sure it's the right size to fit the base of your slow cooker
- Place the meatloaf mix on baking paper. Using your hands mould it into a monster foot shape
- Cut a thick slice of red onion and lay it in place for 'ankle/leg bone'. Cut toe nail shaped pieces from red onion and push them into position on toes.
- Baste foot with bbq sauce using pastry brush. You may like to repeat this basting occasionally during cooking also for more depth of colour.
- Carefully lift by paper and lower foot into slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2.5hrs with tea towel under lid.
- When cooked carefully transfer to plate (I lifted it using 2 egg flips slid under the loaf) and decorate stump with salsa to look like blood.
- Serve at your next spooktacular Halloween party!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think