Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Eye Ball Soup
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage (you only want a small amount as it is strong)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic (more or less to taste)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Sliced black olives
- 1 litre tomato soup of your choice
- Mix mince, sage, thyme, garlic, egg and bread crumbs in a bowl until well combined. As chicken mince can be sticky I recommend that you use wet or floured hands when making meatballs. Take around 1 tablespoon of mixture and form into ball, place on a tray. Continue until all mixture is used, this made 22 meatballs. Take a slice of black olive and gently press into each ball. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set or freeze for 15 minutes. Pour soup into sc then carefully place each eye ball into soup. Cook on low 3 hours or until cooked. This was cooked in a 5.5L cookwell
- Serve with a crusty bone (bread roll) or on a bed of intestines (spaghetti).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!