Submitted by Elizabeth Child
Moist Chocolate Cake
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oil ( I used Olive Oil )
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 250g Unsalted Butter or normal butter
- 3/4 Cocoa Powder
- 4 Cups Icing Mixture ( sugar )
- Splash Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add eggs, milk, oil and Vanilla essence.
- Add 1 Cup of boiling water
- Combine for a minute or two to add some air into the cake mix.
- Pour into your greased cake tin ( you can use a silicone cake mould ) and place into your slow cooker elevated on some egg rings or similar.
- Cover egg rings with water.
- Place Tea Towel under the lid and fold over top to catch any condensation.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours ( may need more or less as all slow cookers are different )
- Cream butter and cocoa together until creamy.
- Add Vanilla Essence
- Add 1 Cup of icing mixture at a time to butter mixture ( 4 cups all up may need a little more if not firm enough )
- Add splash of milk to keep mixture smooth
- Mixture should be smooth but firm enough to form peaks
- (Measurements are approximate, you might need to add slightly more milk or more icing sugar mixture to get the consistency you want - no set rules
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think