Submitted by Tracy Kyle
Lamb Chop Dish
- 2 Medium Brown Onions
- 1 Kg Lamb Chops
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- 3 Large Carrots
- Frozen Vegetables
- 1 box of 4 packets of Tomato Cup-O-Soup
- I family Sized Pack of Continental Spring Vegetable Soup
- Corn Flour
- This is a family favourite that we have often. We simply know this dish as Lamb Chop Dish, (very creative I know). Not sure where it came from but we have been enjoying it for 20 to 30 years.
- 1. Brown 2 brown onions, cut into slices. Put aside.
- 2. Brown 1 kg of lamb forequarter chops. I use the small ones with the round bone in them. Set them aside.
- 3. Peel 3 medium potatoes and 3 large carrots and cut them into bite sized chunks.
- 4. Layer half the onions, half the chops, half the potatoes and carrots and add any frozen veg you like, (corn, beans, peas, brussels sprouts.
- 5. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- 6. Mix together 4 packets of tomato flavoured Cup-o-Soup, 1 family sized packet of Continental Spring Vegetable Soup and 1 litre of water and pour into slow cooker.
- 7. Cook on high 3 hours and low for 4 hours, If not thick enough, thicken with a little corn flour.
- Great meal on a cold or wet night. Hope you enjoy it.
- P.s. I use the small lamb chops as we like to suck the marrow out of the bones.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think