Submitted by Christine Keevers
Individual Apple Crumble
- Individual Apple Crumble
- Apple and Filling:
- 1 Apple (top cut off and hollowed out with a spoon)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tbs Butter
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 1 tbs desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Cut a slice off the top of the apple and using a spoon hollow out the core and all of the innards, leaving about 5mm of apple 'shell'. Be sure to keep the apple you removed.
- Remove core from apple pieces and pop the pieces into a bowl. Combine with cinnamon and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly so all the apple is coated.
- Stuff back into the the shell.
- To make the crumble combine all of the dry ingredients and mix. Melt butter and mix in. Spoon the crumble mixture into the top of the shell, filling and remaining space and coating the top a little bit.
- Pop into the slow cooker pot (I used my 1.5lt baby cooker) on something to raise it up off the bottom (I used a small pie dish turned upside down).
- Cook on high for 1.5 hours with a tea towel/wash cloth under the lid. Check it every 15 minutes after an hour to make sure it doesn't over cook and explode.
- Serve with icecream and some nice white wine.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think