Honey Sesame Chicken
I love a sweet, sticky honey sesame chicken and this didn’t disappoint!
- 6L slow cooker
- 12 chicken drumsticks *see notes*
- 1/2 cup honey (120mls)
- 1/4 cup kecap manis (60mls)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add raw chicken to slow cooker.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover with "tea towel trick" and cook on low for 5hrs, turning occasionally for rich colour all over.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
- Notes:While I used drumsticks you could also use other chicken cuts like wings or thighs if you prefer. If using a fillet be mindful it will need less cooking time then bone in pieces. Kecap Manis is a sweet, syrupy style soy sauce, not regular soy. It is available in regular supermarkets, usually in the Asian foods section.This recipe is lovely served with fried rice and Asian vegetables. Also lovely with mash and steamed vegetables of your choice.This recipe is included in our Slow Cooker Central READY SET SLOW recipe book, available in our website shop 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think