Beef Massaman Thai Curry
Delicious massaman Thai curry from your slow cooker, rich with vegetable goodness!
- 5L slow cooker
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup orange sweet potato, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup frozen green beans (baby or cut)
- 1 brown onion, roughly diced
- 800 grams diced beef oyster blade steak, (or other cheap casserole style cut of beef is fine also)
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 100 grams Massaman Thai curry paste (I prefer Ayam brand)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Optional: fresh coriander to garnish
- Add all diced vegetables and diced beef to slow cooker
- Combine coconut milk with cornflour. Stir in curry paste, sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Pour this liquid into slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cook on low for 8hrs. Could also be cooked faster 5-6hrs on high if you need.
- This will make 4 serves if served with rice. Alternatively serve alone for 2 generous serves.Garnish with fresh coriander to serve if you choose
- This recipe inspired by the Massaman Lamb Shanks with Potato and Green Beans recipe on page 193 of the 7 NIGHTS OF SLOW COOKING BOOKS available in our website shop
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!