Hoisin and Peanut Butter Chicken
With flavours based in Chinese & Vietnamese cuisine, this tasty chicken recipe is full of flavour! Serve with fried rice or your favourite steamed vegetables 🙂
- 1.5L or 3L slow cooker
- 1 kg skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Optional: Cornflour to thicken
- Place chicken into slow cooker. Whole or cut into strips.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4hrs
- In the final 15mins of cooking time, stir through a cornflour and water slurry if you wish to thicken the sauce
- Serve on fried rice, or with your favourite steamed vegetables.
- Note: I recommend thigh fillets for best results, however you can swap to breast if you prefer but reduce cooking time by 1hr as it tends to be more dry.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think