Bangin’ BBQ Brisket
This beautiful smoky BBQ brisket, shredded and served on bread rolls with crunchy homemade slaw will get everyone talking!
- 6L slow cooker
- 1 kg beef brisket
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Splash of tabasco sauce (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Place brisket cut side up and coat with garlic powder and paprika. OPTIONAL: I then placed this brisket in the fridge overnight in a sealed container once seasoned to rest/marinade in those flavours. If you don't have time for this, do it as long as possible before cooking eg. for an hour or more if you have the time.
- Place the seasoned brisket into the slow cooker. Seasoned side facing up.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over brisket.
- Cook on low for 8hrs or until you can easily shred meat apart when you put a fork into it. Notes: My brisket was a fairly flat piece. If yours is rounder, you may like to add an extra 1-2hrs to cooking time. Alternatively, if time is short, you could also cook it for 5-6hrs on high instead. Cook until it easily pulls apart.
- Serve on regular or brioche style bread rolls, with crunchy slaw and optional pickles or gherkin slices if you like them! Or if you are like me, skip the bun and enjoy it in a bowl 🥣
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think