Submitted by Lacey Gray
Hearty Bacon and Veg Soup
- 4 litres of stock
- 3 large celery sticks sliced
- 5 medium potatoes cubed
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 6 rashers of middle bacon diced
- 3 large garlic cloves diced
- 1 large onion diced
- Half a packet of shell pasta
- 1 spring onion
- Pour stock into slow cooker.
- Add celery, potato and carrots.
- In a small pan, saut diced bacon, onion and garlic with a table spoon of butter.
- Once browned, add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6hrs
- In the last hour of cooking, add pasta shells.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh spring onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!