Submitted by valerie duke
- 1 kg of diced chicken,
- 1 x 440g tin of pineapple pieces,
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar,
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce,
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce,
- 3/4 cup corn flour reserving 3tblsp for the sauce,
- 3-4 eggs depending on size.
- This is the important step and you must do this no skipping or it will not turn out -you must coat the chicken in corn flour then coat in beaten egg and shallow fry in hot pan till brown and crispy you can do this in batches.
- Chicken does not need to be cooked through just brown and crispy take out and drain excess oil on paper towel When finished doing the batches of chicken place it all in your slow cooker.
- Drain the juice off the tin of pineapple keep reserved pineapple pieces for later
- Mix the pineapple juice, tomato sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and 3 tablespoons of cornflour and pour over the chicken and cook 2-3hrs on high.
- Before serving you can add the pineapple pieces to the chicken in the sc.
- Serve it with fried rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
31 thoughts on “Hawaiian Chicken”
What size tin of pineapple?
i would love to know what size tin of pineapples too 🙁
Very nice, my kids love it.
this is one of my fav make this often also have it with fried rice
the grand kids love helping so we make it a family dish
The recipe states 440g tin of pineapple pieces – which equates to a 15oz tin!
Made this last night tasted awesome only I added carrots, capsicum and broccoli tfor the duration of the cooking time and hokkien noodle at the end
Can you use the Buffalo Chicken Drumettes or Wings instead of cornflour and egg mix?
That won’t thicken?
This recipe is amazing it was a winner in my family I didn’t change anything
Did you use chicken breast or thigh?
I think you could use either 🙂
Thanks for this recipe. Just awesome. Xxx
What size slow cooker would you use for this recipe?
It would easily fit in 3L or larger 🙂
Made this last night….delicious. Definitely going to make again….may even try it with pork 🙂
Last night i made this for tea. OMG it was yummy. Made double the quatity and have leftovers for how long i dont know but if its still there by tea time it going in the freezer.
I added snowpeas,capsicum and spring onions at the last. Had to stop son for going for seconds so everyone had the tea. Daughter didnt eat it as she hates pineapple. Cant please everyone,a big thumbs up,absolutely yum👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Made this for the first time earlier in the week and I loved it 😋😍 I used 1.5kg of diced chicken breast so I doubled the sauce ingredients, added an extra can of pineapple and juices and some cracked black pepper. This was delicious served with the fried rice 2 recipe also available on this site 😋😍😊 Will definitely make again 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us Valerie Duke 😁
I had no Tomato sauce in the cupboard…so l decided to use BBQ sauce… YUMMO… l will definitely be using BBQ sauce again!
Thank you Paulene.
The family loved this recipe. Easy to make and very yummy!
Could I ask… Is it possible to do on low? We are going to be out all afternoon so would like it to take about 5 hours to cook or longer. What do you think?
Can I use plain flour instead of corn flour as I don’t have any on hand? Thanks!
I would recommend getting some cornflour 🙂
My Autistic son loves this and would have it for every meal if i cooked it haha He says he would love more sauce though would i just double the sauces and pineapple juice but not the sugar thanks in advance and thankyou for the lovely recipes
Wendy one of our group members said:
“ I always double the sauce as my kids love it and it works just fine – less the sugar”
I did not put eggs in . I rate this at a 9
Could you do the chicken in an airfryer?
I added capsicum for the last 45 minutes mostly just to give it some colour, a definite winner !
Love this recipe so much it’s almost a weekly meal. I also add in pineapple chunks at the beginning
Would it be ok to use 1/2 cup of honey rather than brown sugar?
Can I use cornstarch in place of cornflour!!!