Submitted by Zoe Martindale Clarke
Chocolate Orange Bread & Butter Pudding
- - 8 stale crusty rolls. Mine were pretty crunchy!
- - almost 1 whole Terry's chocolate orange
- - 4 cups of whole milk
- - 5 medium eggs
- - 3/4's of a cup of sugar
- - biggish splash of vanilla essence
- - enough butter to spread on rolls and grease slow cooker
- 1. Slice the rolls in half horizontally, butter each half, then cut in half diagonally.
- 2. Break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them together.
- 3. To the eggs, add the milk, sugar and vanilla extract.
- 4. Place half of the rolls in the wet mixture to soak (for 3-5ish mins or just until they have absorbed enough mix to just about maintain their shape without falling to bits)
- 5. Grease the slowcooker with as much butter as you see neccessary.
- 6. Take the soaked bread out of the wet mix and lay it out in the slowcooker, overlapping the last piece slightly as you go.
- 7. Use half of the chocolate orange and lay each segment between the overlaps in the bread.
- 8. Repeat steps 4, 6 & 7 and try to arrange everything so it looks pretty.
- 9. Put lid on, no tea towel, and cook on low for 3 hours.
- 10. Take pot out of slow cooker, remove lid and leave to cool for 10 mins.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think