Submitted by Charmaine Lloyd
Good Old Rich Beef Stew
- 1 kg diced beef or chuck steak
- 2 large onions -diced
- 3 carrots - sliced
- 2 turnips - diced
- 1-2 swedes -diced
- 1-2 parsnips - diced
- 1 kg washed potatoes -cubed
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- 1 litre liquid beef stock
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- Gravy powder
- BBQ sauce
- Put meat and all vegetables in slow cooker. Add liquid stock, mixed herbs and salt/pepper.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- About half hour before serving, mix couple of tablespoons of gravy powder with some of the liquid then add to slowcooker, stir until thickens. Add more if needed.
- Add BBQ sauce (as much as you desire) to achieve a more richer taste.
- Serve with mash spuds or rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!