Submitted by Alyssa Green
- 2 large apples (Granny Smith)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons oats (old school traditional ones)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your slow cooker on HIGH and spray base with cooking oil.
- Peel and core your apples and cut into half vertically.
- Mix in a bowl, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Place apples in slow cooker, cut side facing down.
- Using a pastry brush, brush apples with butter mixture.
- Put a tea towel under the lid and cook on HIGH for approximately 1 1/2 hours, until just soft.
- Combine in bowl, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons oats and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Take Apple halves out of slow cooker and fan slice apples making sure you don't cut through. Fan and place mixture into slices.
- Put apples back in the slow cooker and cook for a further 1 hour on HIGH.
- Serve with Ice Cream and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!