Submitted by Katherine Hean
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (or any chicken pieces you like, I used drumsticks)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Butter is only necessary if you want to brown the chicken skins first - season with salt and pepper before browning (otherwise omit the butter).
- If not browning the chicken first mix the salt and pepper with all the other ingredients with the chicken in the slow cooker.
- I cooked on low for 6 hours and because the sauce did not completely cover the chicken whenever I thought of it I turned the chicken and basted with a bit of a sauce. By the end of the 6 hours the sauce was thinner than I expected so I finished the sauce off on the stove top to thicken it a bit and give a lovely caramelised flavour.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think