Massaman Lamb Curry
11 hr before lamb is cooked, Steam potatoes whole in microwave for 5 mins and remove and cut into 1/4's set aside in a large bowl,
2then dice pumpkin and steam pumpkin for 3 mins and add to bowl with potatoes and add peas.
11. Place the vegetable oil and lamb in a large frying pan and fry over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes in batches, turning occasionally to ensure browning on all sides.
2Then brown the Bones.
32. Place seasoned flour in a large zip-lock bag and add the seared lamb (not bones) shake well ( I always sear 1st then add to flour as it helps thicken sauce)
43. Place lamb excess flour and sliced onions into SC.
54. Fry off the curry paste 2 mins.
65. In a bowl mix canned Tomatoes, Tomato paste and stock and add to pan with curry paste just to blend and add to SC and mix well. Then add in the bones.
74. Turn on SC and cook on low for 5-8 hours tea towel under lid. I put paper towel under lid on all savory dishes, its a Tyga thing 😉
85. In the last 40 mins of cooking Turn SC on HIGH and Add the cherry tomatoes, peas, potato and pumpkin. U can remove tea towel if sauce is too thick.
9Serve on Rice or with Naan Bread and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
10we don't have this with rice as its a full meal in one as is.... 😉
Submitted by Brett "Tyga" Danvers