Submitted by Erin Foster
Easy Slow Cooked Bread!
- 3 cups (750ml) warm water
- 1 tbsp granulated yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 6 1/2 cups (975g) plain flou
- Step 1. Place water, yeast and salt in a large container and whisk together. Add in flour and use a large wooden spoon to make sure all ingredients are combined. (I have my dough a good hand mix too)
- Step 2. Cover loosely and leave to rise for 2 hours.
- Step 3. Sprinkle flour over the risen dough and turn out onto a sheet of baking paper. (grease paper or don't use it, the mixture sticks to it!)
- Step 4. Sprinkle top of dough with flour and shape. Lower paper into your slow cooker.
- Step 5. Set slow cooker for 2 hours (high)
- Step 6. When cooked, remove from oven and place under grill for 6-8 minutes to brown the top. (You can add cheese, bacon to the top when popping in the oven!)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!