Submitted by julie
Easy mozzarella stuffed meatballs
- 1kg beef mince
- 250g of mozzarella block cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Herb or finely diced spinach to your liking
- 1 and 1/2 x 690 gram jars of tomato based passata sauce
- Crushed garlic to your liking
- Diced herbs if you wish
- Mix mince, herb/spinach, bread crumbs, and eggs together.
- Cut the mozzarella into around 1 cm by 1cm blocks.
- Roll mince into desired sized meatballs.
- Flatten the meatballs out a little and put a cube of mozzarella in each one and then roll the meatball back up.
- Layer the bottom of the slow cooker bowl with just enough passata to cover the base.
- Add a loosely rowed layer of meatballs
- Then a layer of passata and continue until all meatballs are in the bowl.
- You can now add some garlic and herbs if u wish and give a light stir to mix it through the sauce.Put the lid on and let them cook.
- Serve with either mashed potato and mashed cauliflower or with yourfavourite pasta/spaghetti.
- Cook for 5hrs on LOW or 2.5-3hrs on HIGH
- Note: If you like this why not also try the similar http://www.slowcookercentral.com/recipe/brie-cheese-meatballs/
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!