Submitted by Paulene Christie
- — Per croissant
- 1 large croissant
- 50g diced bacon
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 small grape/cherry tomatoes (1 red and 1 orange) sliced
- 4 baby spinach leaves cut into thin strips
- 1-2 Tbsp grated tasty cheese
- Carefully cut top section off croissant and in towards middle to make space to fill. Press down the centre a little once cut to make firm edges and to create more of a cavity to fill. Be sure outside base of croissant stays intact without holes.
- Mix egg, bacon, tomato & spinach and carefully pour into croissant.
- Gently lift croissant into slow cooker, place directly on base of your slow cooker bowl and top with cheese.
- Cook on high for 1hr with tea towel trick in place - or until egg set in centre
- Serve & enjoy!
- — Notes
- Multiply ingredients to however many croissants you need or can fit.
- You may fit 2 eggs in some instead of 1, depending on size of croissant and eggs used.
- I cooked in a 5L searing slow cooker, ceramic cookers may take longer to heat up - test egg to know what time your cooker needs 🙂
- The cooked croissant was very flaky and crisp and not at all soggy or soft!
- These would make an amazing Christmas Day breakfast or a special treat on any day - because you are worth it xx
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think