Submitted by Danie Scuteri
Creamy Sundried Tomatoes and Seeded Mustard Chicken
- 2x Chicken Breast (Thighs can also be used)
- 250g Cream cheese
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Seeded Mustard
- 100 g (or as much as you prefer) of chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1x Teaspoon of crushed garlic (optional)
- 4x sprigs of spring onion
- 1/2 a cup of water
- Serve with pasta or rice
- Chop the chicken (raw) and spring onions and place into slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese by chopping up the block (or roll) and spreading evenly into the slow cooker.
- Then proceed by adding the seeded mustard, sun-dried tomatoes, water and garlic.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for approximately 2.5 hours .
- Stir every half hour once cream cheese has melted.
- Serve with pasta or rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
11 thoughts on “Creamy Sundried Tomatoes and Seeded Mustard Chicken”
This sounds great and I’m about to make it. But what exactly is seeded mustard? Is that the brown mustard with seeds in it? Or is that whole mustard seed?
I would use the type of mustard that has the whole mustard seeds in it – usually a jar form 🙂
Is this recipe in the new Slow Cooker Central book?
Delish. I added some asparagus too.
Hey everyone, i didn’t realise i had messages sorry! Its not in the book, maybe next book ?
Delicious. I cooked for 4 hours like I usually do my chicken and added uncooked pasta in the last hour. Look forward to the leftovers for lunch
Can I use low fat cream cheese? And add bacon?
Don’t see why not – assuming you don’t mind the extra salitness added with bacon
Is it meant to be 2kg chicken breasts or just 2?
I would assume since it serves 4 and is with pasta that it’s definitely only 2 breasts as stated. But no reason you couldn’t increase those to your needs
Great recipe …really enjoyed it. I was given some sun dried tomatoes and it was a perfect way to use them.