Submitted by Tiffany Southam
Creamy Pumpkin & Bacon Pasta
- - 2 cups Shell pasta (large shells)
- - 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- - 120g cream cheese
- - 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- - 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- - 1/2 tsp salt
- - 1/4 cup diced bacon
- - Parmesan Cheese
- - Dice pumpkin, cook until soft, drain and puree. ( Keep a handful of diced pumpkin once its cooked before you puree it).
- - Cook pasta according to packet instructions until soft, strain.
- - Add both pumpkin and pasta to the slow cooker.
- - Pan fry the diced bacon with the garlic until brown.
- - Place bacon in slow cooker and add the evaporated milk.
- -Cook for 1-2 hours on low stirring occasionally
- - Add the cream cheese and stir occasionally until melted through and sauce is thick.
- - Before serving throw in the handful of cooked diced pumpkin you saved and stir gently, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
- NOTE: If sauce is too thick add a little water.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think