Submitted by Maxeem
- 2 cups Bacon, diced
- 1 large Onion, diced (fine or rough, your personal choice)
- 3 long Cabanossi/Kabana (sliced about 2mm thick)
- 400gm tin Crushed tomatoes
- 2Tbs (40gm) Paprika
- 2Tbs oil
- Potatoes (approximately 3 decent sized potatoes per person) cut in to large and small sizes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place oil in a fry pan, add onions and bacon and fry until the onions are soft, add the paprika and fry for approximately 1 minute (this is to infuse the flavors).
- Place onion, paprika and bacon mix into the slow cooker and add potatoes and stir. Add tomatoes and stir. Add enough water to just cover the potatoes.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours
- Add the Cabanossi about 90 minutes before the end for the flavor to fuse through
- I serve with Ciabatta bread but it can be served with bread or crusty rolls.
- *Note* If the sauce is not thick enough for your liking you can grate a large peeled potato and add to it approximately 60 minutes before it's cooked
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!