Submitted by Kaye Dey
Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Casserole
- 6-8 pieces chicken rolled in seasoned flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- I small onion finely sliced
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced (any type you like)
- 1 Zucchini finely sliced
- 2 carrots finely sliced
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Place bay leaf, onion, carrots, zucchini & chicken in slow cooker top with mushrooms.
- Pour stock over the chicken and put the lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked, about the 3 hour mark I remove and put into a dish, then turn
- slow cooker up to high and cook the sauce down to thicken a little.
- About 30 mins before serving I remove the bay leaf, add the cream and thyme and mix through...I then add the chicken back into the slow cooker ready for serving.
- My husband loves this just with creamy mashed potatoes on the side.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think