Submitted by Robyn Clark
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil ( any clean oil )
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups SR Flour ( you could use Wholemeal)
- Rind of 2 lemons or 1 large one.
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda.
- Pinch salt.
- 6 Tablespoons milk ( I used low fat )
- Whisk together the yoghurt , eggs , vanilla , sugar , oil and lemon juice.
- In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients including the lemon rind and poppy seeds.
- Gradually combine the two lots together and gradually add the milk, this gives " air" to the cake.
- Place in a loaf tin lined with baking paper or straight in your lined SC.
- Cook on high 2 hours, tea towel under the lid , check after 1 1/2 as all SC are different.
- I iced mine with icing sugar , butter and some fresh lemon and then sprinkled with poppy seeds and grated dark chocolate .
- SubmittedbyRobyn Clark
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!