Submitted by Keryn Wolff
Chuck n Mustard
This mustard beef recipe is very loosely based on a popular method for brisket used by bbq smoke grillers in the USA. It is very easy and extremely tasty.
- 1 kg chuck beef cut into large cubes ~ 2 -3 inch size
- 1 onion sliced
- French's brand yellow mustard. It is sugar free which I believe allows it to cook better all day by this slow cooked method
- * optional but is nice: 2-3 large potato peeled and cut into large chunks.
- Add ingredients to a slow cooker which is at least 3L in size
- Squirt mustard over ingredients as you go.
- You will use at least half of a small (226g) bottle of French's Mustard
- Set cooker to Auto (or high for the first 1-2 hours to get hot quicker, then switch to low).
- If you don't plan on attending your slow cooker just set to low.
- Cook for 7 hours or until meat begins to fall apart when tested with a fork.
- This simple recipe can be consumed as is or served with rice or pasta.
- You can thicken the liquid to make a gravy or just toss in some macaroni half hour prior to serving.
- You want more veggies? Easy, just add more or serve with them.
- To keep this recipe low carb, please use large chunks of parsnip, turnip, kohlrabi or cauliflower.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!